Know what requirements apply and follow the safety and security regulations
Everyone has an independent responsibility for familiarising themselves with the safety and security regulations that apply to their study programme or their tasks, for example:
- Protection of personal data or other information subject to requirements for high confidentiality in student assignments, research or student administration
- Safety in connection with students travelling abroad, field work, excursions or research cruises.
- Safety and security when planning events involving many people or controversial topics.
- Safety in labs and workshops
Be vigilant and report undesirable incidents, errors and deficiencies
It is important to report undesirable incidents (deviations) to help improve safety and security.
Examples of incidents to report:
- Injury to people or materials
- Bullying, sexual harassment, threatening situations and criminal offences such as violence, theft, robbery etc.
- Computer fraud and information in the wrong hands
- Failure or deficiencies in safety and security procedures or technical security measures
- Violation of laws, regulations and internal procedures.
Leaders, supervisors and project managers
shall ensure that
- there are safety and security procedures in their areas of responsibility.
- safety and security training is provided