Securing equipment and premises
Take good care of equipment that is easy to lose and tempting to steal. Take extra care when travelling.
- Use a password (NO) or PIN code that you do not share with anyone. Activate two-step verification (NO) (PIN and mobile phone or PIN and security token) for access to confidential information.
- Make backup copies of things you do not want to lose.
- Encrypt information you do not wish to share with unauthorised persons.
- Encrypt the entire hard disk on laptop computers.
- Switch off laptop computers during transport.
- Use tracing and remote wipe tools.
- Lock the screen when you leave it.
- Do not lend anyone your access card, and keep the code separate from the card.
- Do not let strangers into locked premises – ask anyone unfamiliar who they are meeting.
- Shut doors and windows when you leave.
Last updated: 20. April 2018