Employees working from home
When universities and colleges were closed on March 12th, 2020, we all got a new everyday life.
The corona situation means that we must secure ourselves, each other and the information we process, under different conditions.
Employees working from home
This information was made in a situation where there were very strict restrictions in connection with the corona pandemic, parts of it may therefore be outdated. Stay up to date on advice and restrictions from the authorities, your municipality and your place of study.
- Take care of colleagues
When at the home office, the days can be quiet if you live alone. To prevent loneliness, it is a good idea to go for a walk at lunch and invite colleagues to online meetings over a cup of coffee. This provides social contact in a quiet everyday life.
Some employees have children at home and have to juggle work, schoolwork and childcare. It can be difficult to find time to concentrate. Tell your manager if it becomes difficult to do the work tasks, so that you and your manager can find a solution together. Råd og tips til barnefamilier (regjeringen.no).(NO)
Take care of the students
Great efforts have been made to provide students with online digital lectures. Now this work should also include strengthening the students' psychosocial learning environment.
"Students who have just lost their part-time job, have difficulties paying their rent, are socially isolated and feel lonely, are not allowed to go home to their parents, and have a lot of other things to think about than school and studies." (A lecturer's considerations)
Many students find it difficult to concentrate, and the social life around their studies has completely changed. Some students also fall outside the large online communities, are completely alone or may have a difficult situation at home.
Think about how you can facilitate for your students to get the best out of this new everyday life.
Here are some suggestions:
- Help students create study groups /lunch groups etc.
- Make time for students to talk to you about how they are doing, and not just the subjects.
- The departments can pay extra attention to the students (especially those who do not submit assignments). It is recommended to call them and hear how they are doing and if they need extra support.
- Extend the tasks of the student assistants /contact someone who usually is socially active in in the class, and ask if they can start social digital meeting places; activities such as joint lunch /quiz /pizza evenings /joint film evenings etc.
- Familiarize yourself with what help is available locally from the student organization, the student priest, the student representative and tell the other students about it.
- For digital communication: Confrere, is easy to use and is a well-secured video conferencing system, used by GPs and hospitals in Norway. You can test it for free for 30 days.
- Secure your home office and avoid being scammed online or by email
Be vigilant online and by email. Prevent being fooled by those who try to take advantage of the corona situationSimple steps for a secure home office (Unit) (NO ) How to maintain a secure digital life in the corona situation (Nettvett )(NO)
The corona situation is exploitedCorona fraud and home office (podkast fra NSM(NO) Got a text message from the boss - turned out to be corona fraud (NRK (NO) How false news about the coronavirus spread (nrkbeta.no (NO)
- Cybercriminals are using the coronavirus to trick you (Norsis (NO)
- More home office - great opportunities but also risks (NSM (NO)
- Digital collaboration the use of Zoom and Microsoft Teams
Junglemap has created an e-learning course using Teams
· Welcome to Teams (NO)
· Join a Teams meeting (NO)
· When arranging the meeting (NO)
· Our teams and channels (NO)
How to be a good manager during corona
Management during a crisis, which is constantly evolving, is demanding. Here are some examples of advice for you as a manager:
- Psychosocial preparedness in a pandemic, collection page with articles and guidance material from RVTS-ØST (psykososialberedskap.no) (NO)
- Take care of employees (krispsykologi.no) (NO)
- Advice on how you should lead and structure tasks (Difi) (NO)
- Manager: How to follow up employees in these times and facilitate a good digital work environment (UIB)